All students (both local and foreign) are required to undergo a COMPULSORY medical examination with Raffles Medical Group (RMG) in Singapore prior to starting your studies at SMU.
The cost of medical examination will be borne by the students. Payment is to be made at the RMG clinics.
S$38.00 (exclusive of GST)
*Foreign students: Please print and bring this form (ICA format) to the RMG clinic.
1. The Medical Examination consists of:
- Physical Examination (height & weight measurements)
- Eye Test (visual acuity & colour vision)
- Blood Pressure Reading
- Urine Test (protein & sugar)
- Chest X-Ray
- Medical Report
- HIV Test (for foreign students only)
2. Information required at RMG registration counter
At the clinic, please inform the counter staff that you are a SMU student and provide them with your full name, FIN number and medical form (Please print and bring it to the RMG clinic).
3. Collection of Medical Report
Please collect your medical report and X-ray after 5 working days for foreign students.
(Note: You must bring your RMG medical report on IDs Verification and Card Collection Day).
4. Only RMG Medical Report will be accepted
If you have undergone a pre-enrolment checkup (less than 6 months) with another medical provider, you will have to bring your medical report to the Raffles Medical Centre at Raffles Hospital (Level 1) to get endorsement by a Raffles Medical Group doctor.
If the Raffles Medical Group Doctor is unable to endorse your overseas medical report, you will be required to undergo certain medical tests with the Raffles Medical Group Clinics. To prevent any matter compromising the endorsement of overseas medical reports, we strongly encourage all international students to do their medical examination in Singapore with the Raffles Medical Group Clinics.
For more information, please email to Ms Dawn Chin @ firstname.lastname@example.org
5. For female students, please do your pre-enrolment medical examination at least 3 days after menstruation.
Last updated on 26 May 2017 .